Bubala, Mumi & Max

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

¡Yo quiero Taco Bell!

What would you do if you suddenly found yourself in the middle of a Taco Bell restaurant surrounded by a large group of Mormons?

Mormons give me diarrhea too!

They were all there with their Jesus name tags on and their shiny black bibles in hand.

I was there with Mumi.

So many thoughts flooded through my mind. So many things that I would have liked to have done or said to them. I got this grand picture in my head of how I would calmly walk up to them, after I was finished with my meal, and I would just start making out with Mumi right there. Right in front of them. Tongue and all! Or, maybe I would come up with some brilliant and clever thing to say about how they may have won this round, but the fight was not over yet and how eventually these two butt bangin' homos would be able to get married and that there was nothing they could do to stop the inevitable. Then, for good measure, I might flip them the bird or grab my crotch or grab Mumi's crotch or whatever.

Yeah, that would have been cool all right.

But, instead, when I was done with my meal, I got up and walked quietly past the Mormons, right out the front door and I got into my truck and I drove home.

And, for that, I am ashamed.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you didn't do anything. People shouldn't be bothered by those who don't believe in their religous beliefs. Would you want to be confronted by Mormons in public because you were holding hands or showing affection for one another? You would probably think the Mormons were way out of line for intruding into your affairs.

10:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Huh?!? I already do think that the Mormons are way out of line for intruding into my affairs. Have you watched or read the news lately?

www.towleroad.com/2008/06/mormon-church-a.html

2:05 AM  
Blogger Todd HellsKitchen said...

You made the right choice... Wouldn't have wasted my energy either...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello again. I see you responded to my post. My point was simply that gay rights seems to come down to the basic position of mind your own business and treat other people with respect. If we want this to apply to us then perhaps we should treat other people the same way. This is why I said you shouldn’t have approached the Mormons. Of course, this way of acting stems from the belief that one should treat others as one wants to be treated. This is a Christian position. I understand that you may not accept this way of acting as having validity.

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home