Bubala, Mumi & Max

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Oh Yeah, I Am A Big Nerd Too!

Don't go thinking that Mumi is the only nerd in this family just because he hangs out at nerdy rock and roll weekend concert festivals in his spare time. You see, I too am a big old nerd. My nerd ritual of choice, however, is riding roller coasters. I love roller coasters and amusement parks. So, you can imagine how thrilled I was this past Tuesday, July 4th, when we headed down South to Paramount's Kings Dominion.

Kings Dominion

We got to the park at around 11:30am. You know how the gays like to be fashionably late. We headed over to the park's newest roller coaster, Italian Job Turbo Coaster. There was hardly any line, so we got on. I didn't realize it at the time, but Italian Job Turbo Coaster would be the 100th different steel roller coaster that I have ridden in my lifetime. Oh yeah, I keep track of that stuff. See, I told you that I was a big 'ol nerd.

Nerd Boy!

It was a very hot day. Temps were in the mid to upper 90's with dangerous heat index warnings from the National Weather Service all day. We spent quite a bit of time in the waterpark, but even that got to be too much at times, so we would have to run into air conditioned shops or restaurants or head back to the parking lot and sit in the truck naked with the air conditioning on full blast to cool down. Fortunately, we lucked out though and it did not rain at all!

The heat did not get in the way of a great time! We managed to get on plenty of rides. We rode most of the coasters in the park. Unfortunately, Volcano was not operational all day due to a braking malfunction on a previous day. Also, my favorite coaster at the park, Flight Of Fear has not been open at all this season. It is rumored that they are sending the ride to Paramount Canada's Wonderland. That would suck! Stupid Canadians!

Another ride that I really got a kick out of was the Drop Zone Stunt Tower. I love drop rides and this is the tallest one that I have ever been on. It has a 272 foot drop and you experience four seconds of weightlessness on your 72 mile per hour drop straight down. Quite thrilling if you ask me. Mumi won't get on the drop rides with me though, so I had to do this one all alone.

Mumi Says No Way!

We spent a big part of the day guy-watching. There are always plenty of hot guys at amusement parks. I always leave the park so much hornier than when I got there. (Hmmmm, maybe that is why I like amusement parks so much.) Like Mumi said, it was great to be at the park on a day that was so hot. The heat made a lot of the guys want to take their shirts off. And, since it was so humid, we were all sweating a lot, so there was a lot of crotch grabbing going on. You know, trying to readjust the goods and what not. It can get sweaty and sticky down there. Just a hot day all around in more than one way if you know what I mean!

We finished off a fantastic day of fun with a pretty impressive fireworks display put on by the park. The show started at about 10:00pm and lasted for at least 20 minutes. It was a steady stream of pyrotechnics, not one firework every 30 seconds like I have seen at some shows. They must have shot off hundreds of fireworks. Lots of pretty colors. Seeing the fireworks bursting off up over the roller coasters was a pretty special thing for me. It was a beautiful ending to a most wonderful day.

Next week's trip is going to be to Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey. That should be a good time. I am looking forward to riding the world's tallest roller coaster, Kingda Ka. At 456 feet tall, it should be quite a thrill! Wanna come along?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The most I'll take at King's Dominion is apparently the wooden coaster, eyes squeezed shut. Even that was a bit much and I prefer the luge like ride.

11:05 AM  
Blogger TOS said...

And here I thought that I was looking at Paris! ;-) I likd KD though I think the coolest park I've been to yet was Cedar Point in Ohio... plus Snoopy is their mascot! :-)

9:31 PM  
Blogger The_Gay_Dude said...

Man...I love me a roller coaster....and haven't been to Kings Dominion in 15 years....so I think it's time!

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home