Bubala, Mumi & Max

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Random Access

Some Tuesday morning thoughts...

Mushroom
I hate mushrooms on my pizza. I gag when there are mushrooms in my spaghetti sauce. Psychedelic mushrooms aren't my bag either, and I won't even touch fried mushrooms. The kind of mushrooms that the Durban Bud spies, however, those kinds of mushrooms I adore... I could just eat those all day long.

Shortbus
Mumi and I watched Shortbus on DVD last night. I liked it okay. Nice stories. Lots of naked people. Plenty of hardcore sex. I do think that most of the deleted scenes should have been left in the film. They would certainly have made the movie flow a little better and made it all make just a little more sense. Also, I personally think that there should have been a whole lot more hard penises and male orgasms in the movie. Of course, I think the same thing about real life too. Maybe I am a slut. Go figure.

This is not me!
It's two weeks later now, and I am still going to the gym regularly. I like it. I thought that I would be very self-conscious working out in front of total strangers, but I am not. In fact, I don't really care who stares at me. Even if it's an ugly old troll. I kind of like it when people look at me. I guess it's the exhibitionist side of me getting off on being watched.

I am actually starting to notice some results from my workouts too! I'm getting a little bit more shapely. Muscles are beginning to appear where once there were only jelly rolls.

I even finally ventured onto the treadmill the other day. I was really quite terrified of it up until then. I had this vision in my head of me flailing about wildly as the treadmill sped dangerously out of control. Then, I would be flung with wild force off of the back of the treadmill and into the glass mirrored wall. The wall would shatter and a million shards of shiny, reflective glass would rain down on my damaged, crumpled heap of a body while everyone else in the whole gym pointed at me and laughed uncontrollably at the idiot boy who didn't know how to walk on a treadmill.

It was a very cool vision all right, but it didn't happen that way at all. Thankfully. I guess.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mushrooms are the vegetable of Satan himself: slimy and flaccid and icky.

I've been skipping the gym a lot in the past few months and it sucks when I go back and then lift something I should be able to lift. I fear it may be time to consider working out with someone, though that could open up a can of gossip worms from which there may be no escape. Apparently if I spend more than 2 minutes with someone, the ppl are abuzz, abuzz, abuzz.

I fear the recline squat thingy, imagining it will fall onto me and crush me, splitting my torso from my legs. I still won't use it.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Dumbek said...

Don't ever try to do R.E.M.'s "Stand" dance while on the treadmill. Trust me on this one.

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home