Bubala, Mumi & Max

Friday, March 09, 2007

You Say Tomato

I call him "Mumi."

He calls me "Bubabla."

We both call him "Wiggle-Paniggle Pumpkin Pie."

Those are our pet names for each other. It has been that way almost since we first started dating. I have gotten so used to hearing my pet name that, on those rare occasions when he actually calls me Jay or Jason, I usually don't respond to or even hear him.

Everyone has pet names for their friends, boyfriends, girlfriends, significant others or even for their pets.

What is your pet name for your friend, boyfriend, girlfriend, significant other, pet?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm curious about the pronunciation of Mumi and Bubala. Could you give us the phonetic spellings of each?

I'm just "A" to my friends and family. My g/f calls me by my full name.

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I call my girlfriend B. But pronounced buh. Like buh bye. She called me G. It's unclear why we started it. I guess I'm G because I'm a girl and I call her B because of her buddah belly. We call our dog Pookoo. Just because her mouth pooks.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

No names really...but curious to know the origins of yours!

2:04 PM  
Blogger TOS said...

Boo! He has another nickname that he pretends not to answer to (it's really lame so not anything naughty) but that is part of the fun.

He calls me by my actual given name sometimes, a throwback to our first days before I divulged my pseudonym-cum-self-given-name TOS.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Steve in DFW said...

Bastard, slut, tramp, whore ... he used to answer to most anything honestly.

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home