Bubala, Mumi & Max

Monday, December 19, 2005

A Very Bubala Sort Of Weekend

After being dragged, kicking and screaming, by my man to concert, after concert, after concert to see bands and performers that I'd sooner drink puréed slugs than have to watch live (just kidding, my little bald monkey!), I decided that it was time to even things up a little bit. So, on Friday, I dragged my man, Mumi, out to the 9:30 Club to see the Cyndi Lauper show. And, as much as Mumi wants to pretend that he didn't have a fabulous time, I totally caught him singing along and reaching out to try to touch Cyndi's hand plenty of times.

Since Mumi has already done a great job of describing the show, I won't bore you again with all of those details. I'll just add a few comments...

Jill Sobule was great. She was very funny and entertaining. At one point during her performance, she told us that she suffers from "High Definition A.D.D.", and I believe her! She was a bundle of energy who didn't take herself too seriously. Her intelligent, but very humorous song lyrics were a lot of fun and garnered great response from the crowd, especially the song that she played about how she wished that George W. Bush would follow his real dream to become the comissioner of baseball and give up the whole Presidential thing. Great stuff.

Sandra Bernhard was great also. I had never seen her in real life before, so her stand up comedy routine was a real treat. I actually liked the singing parts too. Not because it was a grammy-worthy performance or anything like that, but because she had the balls to do it in the first place. How many of us would get up there and sing horribly bad Whitesnake and 4 Non-Blonde covers during our comedy performance at the 9:30 Club? Not me.

Now about Cyndi... my beautiful, talented, knockout gorgeous, wife of a woman Cyndi... sigh... What can I say about her? Well, she was just awesome! And, she touched my hand... Wow! I am so glad that we got tickets early this time around, since we were such dorks the last time she came to town. We waited until the last minute, thinking that there would be plenty of tickets available, and they were already sold out. D'oh!

So, Mumi wants to threaten me with the thought of more Rush concerts, eh? That's okay, I am sure that Erasure will tour again some time soon, and we will both be there right in the front row. Now, if that doesn't scare you, nothing ever will!

Erasure...scary!

2 Comments:

Blogger DINGER said...

I went to the last Erasure show at 9:30 and it was GREAT! Even the BF had fun.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, don't get me wrong. I love Erasure. I have seen them live a few times. Now, the bf, on the other hand, has never seen them live and isn't the biggest fan, so I am sure he would be a little squeamish about seeing the whole thing!

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home