Bubala, Mumi & Max

Thursday, March 23, 2006

I Is Unliterate

My Favorite Foreign Language
I like music. I have a pretty decent sized CD collection, probably close to 1,000 titles. If you add in Mumi's collection of close to 1,500 CD's (with very few overlapping titles, strangely enough) then I have quite a selection of CD's to choose from on any given day. I could listen to a different CD every day for almost seven years without repeating any. That's a lot of music. Yet, I still feel musically illiterate...

For the longest time, maybe the past seven or eight years, I have just assumed that there was not any new music coming out that I would actually enjoy listening to. I heard what the major labels were spitting out and it made me sick. It was all crap for the most part. Sure, there were a few gems here and there, but mostly, it was just awful, awful crap! It was not until just very recently that I realized that there is a whole wide world of music out there that I could really enjoy.

With the help of some fellow bloggers like The Sean Show and Dumbek's Random Stuff and by attending social events like Blowoff, I am realizing that there is a lot of great music out there just waiting patiently for me to discover it. Big thanks to all you guys for opening my eyes to a whole new world!

Some of the bands/artists that I'm digging currently:If you all can think of any other music that might be of interest to me based on the artists listed above, then feel free to e-mail me or leave me a comment!

New music is so exciting!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shoutout, guys! Pushing mp3s in various permutations for the past year has been largely thankless, so it's nice to get a little validation now and again.

Along the same peripheral lines, you ought to be listening to Rilo Kiley. Perhaps more importantly, the two main creative forces in Rilo Kiley have side projects (The National and Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins) that are worth exploring. Jenny Lewis was the primary female vocalist for the Postal Service, and her current 'faux solo' album is brilliant.

Imogen Heap is the vocalist for another electronica outfit called Frou Frou. Frou Frou is a little more dancefloor friendly, but largely continues with her odd, haunting sound. Of a similar vein is this chick named Amanda Ghost, who came out with an album back in 1999 that was pretty cool. If you can pick it up on the cheap, it comes highly suggested.

Hope that helps.

S!



http://theseanshow.net

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home