Bubala, Mumi & Max

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Two Stories To Every Side

Please Remind Me That I Am Not A Plumber...Leaky
Today, I decided to try and be a Mr. Handyman around the house. I figured that I'd fix a couple of leaky faucets. How tough could that be?

The water shutoff valve is located under our house in a crawl space. So, I went under the house and turned off the water. Or, so I thought... When I got back up into the house and turned the faucet on, water was still coming out. Slower than before, but it was definitly not shut off all the way. I guess the shutoff valve does not work.

So, then I figured that it was time for me to become Mr. Public Works and shut the water off at the meter out next to the street. Well, do you know that the public works people have a special wrench that they use to open the meter cover? Do you also know that they have another special wrench that they use to shut off your main water supply? I did not know these things before. I do know these things now.

I managed somehow to get the water shut off and started to take the bathroom sink's faucet apart. Do you know that plumbers have special wrenches used specifically to take apart old faucets? I did not know that before. I do know that now.

Finally, after struggling with the wrong tools for a very long time, trying to get the faucet apart (and scraping it all up in the process), I succeeded. It was only then that I realized that I really had no idea why I was taking the faucet apart in the first place. I mean, I don't know how to fix a leaky faucet for cripes sake! What the hell was I thinking? So, I put it all back together again.

Then, the strangest thing happened. The faucet stopped leaking! I certainly don't know how or why, but it did!

I decided to try a little of my new found dumb luck plumbing skills on the bath tub faucet. I took it apart and put it back togther again after realizing that I had no idea why I took it apart in the first place, and... it stopped leaking! Once again, I certainly don't know how or why, but it did!
 
Daylight Saving Time!Put it in the bank!
Hmmmm, seems that this weekend, it is time to move the clocks forward an hour for Daylight Saving Time. I thought that this was the year that we were supposed to start saving daylight earlier in the beginning of March. Apparently, I was wrong. That doesn't start until next year.

Oh well, happy Daylight Saving Day! I am so looking forward to more daylight!
Sad Eyes...adopt her at www.mdspca.org
While renewing Max's dog license today at the pound, I decided to take a peek at the dogs up for adoption. Not that I think we can really get another dog. Max is the jealous and possessive type. But, I do love to look at the cute little doggies.

I noticed that many of the dogs in the shelter today had been given up by their owners, and I got to thinking how hard that would be. I don't know if I could give Max up that easily. He has become such a part of our lives now. He's our little boy.

That got to me to thinking about why these dogs were given up by their owners. Sure, some of them were bite cases, but what about the others?

How on earth did their owners give them up? I hope that it wasn't an easy thing for them to do. As strange as it sounds, I actually hope that it broke their hearts to have to give up their pets. I don't say this to be mean. I say it because it should break your heart to give up a pet. I know my heart would be broken for a very long time if I ever had to give up my little boy Max.
 
Line Dancing... Sorta'I've Been Waiting For A Girl Like You
As you faithful readers already know, any time I go to the store, the Post Office, the bank, the MVA, anyplace, I have to wait in a line, usually a very long, slow moving line. It's a fact of life that I have grown to accept. I cannot change it. I just deal with it and get on with my life the best that I can.

Well, lately, not only have I been getting stuck in slow moving lines, but I am getting stuck there with extremely impatient women.

Trust me ladies, the line is not going to move any faster if you keep sighing really loudly. It will not move any faster if you keep complaining loudly to me about how slow the line is moving. It will not move any faster if you keep on glaring at the help behind the counter. It will not move any faster if you keep looking at your watch every 30 seconds. The line will move as fast as it is going to move regardless of you.

So, please, stop pissing me off and just wait patiently like everyone else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home