Bubala, Mumi & Max

Monday, May 15, 2006

Describe Your Weekend In One Word Or Less

For me, the one word this weekend was:

Disappointing

Blah!I don't know if it's the weather or the allergies or whatever, but this weekend was kinda blah for me. I know I should have been much more excited than I was. After all, Blowoff was this past Saturday night. I mean, I love Blowoff... don't I? Well, this month at least, I guess I'd have to answer yes and no.

You see, there were a few things this month which got in the way of my usual great time at Blowoff. First off, Bob and Rich didn't do their usual live set this month. That was a bit of a disappointment, but I'll forgive them. Then, two of my friends who I was really looking forward to dancing the night away shirtless with had early Sunday morning commitments, so they cut out really, really early without ever even taking their shirts off. Another disappointment. And, another guy that I had really been looking forward to finally meeting in person seemed completely uninterested/unwilling to come over and say hi. Maybe he's shy? Maybe he has an aversion to the color red? (I was wearing a loud red shirt.) Maybe he just really doesn't care for me? Whatever the reason, it was a big disappointment.

The night wasn't a total bust though. I did get to chat and hang out a bit with Carl, Don and Jim. Always a pleasure fellas! I also hung out with the always pleasant, ever smiling Bowie Cub.

On Sunday, the mothers and my sister who is also a mother came over for Mother's Day brunch. That was fun. My nephew, who just turned one last month, is quite a handful. He ran all over the house picking things up, dropping things on the floor, banging on doors, kissing himself in the full length mirror, rearranging the refrigerator magnets, trying to eat the refrigerator magnets and the list goes on. It all made me realize that I do not want children. Not now, not ever! They're fun to be around in small doses, but I would go crazy if I had to try to keep up with my nephew 24/7!

2 Comments:

Blogger DINGER said...

Great to see you guys too!! It was kind of a bummer that they didn't play the live set. I always love watching gay men react in panic to music with guitars in it.

TOTALLY understand the no kids thing. We don't have enought time for one of those. But it's always fun to be around Jim's 3 year old neice. She is just a blast to watch.

8:53 AM  
Blogger TOS said...

Here's my one word "Nerve-ridden" when you add the missed approach into Boston, flight diversion, pouring rain, manic mother, mud, fog, cold and ignorant relatives, well you can get a little anxious and nerve ridden. I will be glad to be here this weekend cuddling with my Boo in the sun!

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home