Bubala, Mumi & Max

Thursday, July 13, 2006

My New Favorite Wood

Wood
Don't worry Mumi. I'm not off worshipping some other hot guy's cock. The wood that I refer to in the title of this blog entry is the wood that was used to build my new favorite roller coaster, El Toro at Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson, New Jersey.

We took the day off on Tuesday and headed to Great Adventure. I was actually really looking forward to riding another relatively new coaster at the park called Kingda Ka. Installed last season, Kingda Ka is a launch coaster that shoots you off from zero to 128 miles per hour in a couple of seconds. Then you go straight up, over and then spiral back down a 456 foot tall top-hat element. Then you go up and down a smaller 129 foot tall hill and then turn back around into the station. Doesn't sound all that thrilling, I know. But, at 456 feet tall and 128 miles per hour, this would be the tallest and fastest ride that I had ever been on, so I was excited about it.

Kingda KaWe got to the park at about 10:00 am just as the rides were opening for the day. First stop once were inside the park was at the Flash Pass building to get our Q-Bot. For those of you not nerdy enough to know what a Q-Bot is, it is a little pager like device that you carry around with you all day. You scan it at the entrance to a ride and it gives you a reservation time to come back and get right on the ride without waiting in the line. We opted for the more expensive, but in my opinion totally worth it, gold service for our Q-Bot. The gold service promised to cut our wait times by up to 75%. I think it did even better than that though. Throughout most of the day, every time we scanned our Q-Bot at a ride, our reservation was immediate and we would just get right on the ride without waiting at all. Those poor suckers in line had to wait up to two and a half hours while we just strolled right onto rides in seconds.

We decided (well, more like I decided. Mumi was not too thilled about it!) to head straight over to Kingda Ka for our first ride of the day. We scanned our Q-Bot and got an immediate ride reservation and waltzed right up to the front of the line and got ready to ride. We boarded the train, headed out of the station and seconds later, we were zooming 128 miles per hour and 456 feet up in the air at 10:30 in the morning. What a great way to start the day. I liked the coaster despite the fact that it is a one-trick pony. It was quite an intense feeling with the speed and the height. Oh yeah, Mumi kept his eyes closed for the whole ride. Him and great heights do not get along all that well.

It turns out that our decision to ride Kingda Ka first thing in the morning was a wise decision. We would never get another chance to ride it for the whole rest of the day. Even after a year of operation, the ride still has problems to be worked out. It was up and down for most of the day. We tried to ride it once more later in the afternoon, but just as we were next in line to board a train, there was a rollback. For those of you not nerdy enough to know what a rollback is, it is when the train does not get up enough speed to make it all of the way over the first hill. So, it just rolls back down the hill and stops on the launch area. I have to admit that I was very disappointed that we were not on the train that rolled back. It is every coaster nerds dream to be on a train that rolls back! Anyhow, the ride never opened again for the rest of the day after the rollback, so we were glad that we had gotten our ride in early.

NitroWe spent the afternoon riding more coasters including one that we both really like a lot called Nitro. Nitro is a huge steel coaster. It is 230 feet tall and goes 80 miles per hour. It is a smooth ride with no inversions, so it doesn't leave me feeling all dizzy at the end. There is a helix at the end of the ride with some serious G-forces that cause me to grey out. For those of you not nerdy enough to know what a grey out is, it is a temporary loss of vision characterized by a perceived dimming of light accompanied by a brown hue and a loss of peripheral vision. It is a precursor to fainting or a blackout and is caused by hypoxia, a loss of blood pressure or restriction of blood flow to the brain. I don't like grey outs very much.

Now, on to my new favorite wood....

El ToroEl Toro was closed for the first part of the day. I was worried that it would not open at all. I had read on one of my roller coaster nerd groups that the ride was having problems. (What?!? An Intamin roller coaster having problems? You don't say? Hey, wasn't Kingda Ka built by Intamin also? Why yes, I believe it was!) In the early afternoon, however, I noticed that a train was running on El Toro's tracks! We went over to the ride and scanned our Q-Bot only to be told by our sassy little Q-Bot that the ride was shut down. Well, if it's shut down, then why are they letting people into the line I asked my sassy little Q-Bot. It didn't have an answer to that one. So, I scanned the Q-Bot again and we got a reservation to ride about ten minutes later!

I hadn't read too much about El Toro, so I didn't know what to expect. I don't normally like wooden coasters all that much since they are usually a lot rougher on the neck and spine than the smoother steel coasters that I like so much. But, this ride was different. It was so smooth and fast! The first drop is 176 feet at a 76 degree angle. That is steep! The ride reaches a top speed of 70 miles per hour. It's 4,400 feet of mountainous track includes records for second tallest, fastest and longest drop of all wooden coasters in America and features the world's steepest drop on a wooden roller coaster. It is a fantastic ride with lots of banks and great air time. The ride just doesn't let up from start to finish. I loved it. It is now my favorite wooden roller coaster and possibly my favorite coaster overall. We rode El Toro one more time during the day. It was also up and down for a lot of the day, so we felt lucky to get two rides in.

Speaking of wood, we spent a big part of the day guy-watching which is always a fun thing to do at amusement parks. There were plenty of hot guys to ogle. Mumi even managed to get cruised at a urinal by a hispanic guy. We went into a bathroom and this guy is in there washing his hands. We both step up to the urinals, whip out our dicks and start pissing. So, this guy turns around from the sink real fast, steps up to the urinal next to Mumi, pretends to be peeing and just stares at Mumi's cock. He was very obvious about it too. He wasn't just trying to sneak a peek like I do sometimes. He was staring right at it wide-eyed the whole time and then he looked up at Mumi's face and just smiled. Those wacky hispanic boys!

Soon, day turned to night and after a few night time coaster rides, we headed out of the park and started our trip home. It had been a fantastic day. We both had a really great time, but boy were we tired! I was not looking forward to the long drive home. Let's just say that we're pretty creative guys and that we managed to find a way to help each other stay awake during the trip home. Speaking of wood...

3 Comments:

Blogger TOS said...

Oh my! I don't know if I could do the El Toro, I typically don't like wooden coasters, too much jerking around (and not in a good way!) and I always like my brain is being bounced back and forth in my head... no thanks I'll take the steel coasters anyday!

I like that Q-bot idea... very cool.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You could probably do El Toro. It is not like most wooden coasters. The track is all pre-fabricated and put together well. It is a VERY smooth ride. It feels a lot like a steel coaster. No jerking or brain bouncing on this ride!

9:42 AM  
Blogger TOS said...

Well that is good, the one at King's Dominion gave me a wicked headache the last time I was on it... then again the scorching heat may have also contributed to it...

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home