Bubala, Mumi & Max

Friday, August 11, 2006

Four More For The Whore

No, this blog entry is nowhere near as exciting as what you're probably thinking. The whore that I am referring to has nothing to do with sex. The whore that I am referring to is me. You see, I am a roller coaster credit whore. What does that mean, you ask? Well, as I explained in an earlier post, I am a big roller coaster nerd. I like love to ride roller coasters. And, every time I ride a new one, I add it to my list of coasters that I have ridden. Yes, I actually have a list of every roller coaster that I have ever ridden in my entire life. In case you are curious, I have ridden 144 different roller coasters in my lifetime so far. 37 wooden ones and 107 steel ones. In roller coaster nerd lingo, every new coaster that you ride is another credit on your coaster list. Sometimes, I drive hundreds of miles to ride a new coaster just so I can get another credit on my list. So, you see, I am a roller coaster credit whore.

This past Wednesday, Mumi and I took a trip up North to Pennsylvania to visit a couple of small amusement parks and to get us some more credits.

Lakemont Park
Our first stop was Lakemont Park in Altoona, PA. Lakemont Park is home to the oldest currently operational roller coaster in the world.Leap The Dips was opened in 1902. As you can probably imagine, a roller coaster that was built over 100 years ago might not be the most thrilling, high-tech ride out there. In fact the biggest drop on this coaster is only nine feet. It was still quite an awesome ride in my opinion. The fact that it is still around giving thrills 104 years after it was built is quite impressive.

The Leap The Dips lift hill.
Leap The Dips Lift Hill
Riding on Leap The Dips.
Riding On Leap The Dips
Leap The Dips is older than you are.
Leap The Dips Is Older Than You

Lakemont Park has two other roller coasters, Toboggan and Skyliner.

The Toboggan is just a standard Chance Rides Toboggan coaster. You have probably seen one at some point in your lifetime. They are pretty common, but, what the hell, it was another credit.

Toboggan
The Skyliner is a wooden out and back coaster built by John C. Allen. Skyliner is a great coaster. Mumi and I both enjoyed it much more than we thought that we would.

Coasters Make Bubala Happy

Del Grosso's
The next stop on our two park trip was Del Grosso's Amusement Park in Tipton, PA. Now, some of you may be thinking to yourself, "Hmmmm... Del Grosso's... Don't they make my favorite spaghetti sauce?" Why yes! Yes, they do! Del Grosso's amusement park is owned by the same company that makes spaghetti sauces and some other sauces and foods. We were both very disappointed that there was not a spaghetti stand in the park. I thought sure that we could pick us up a spaghetti dinner there, but no such luck!

Anyway, on to more important topics. They have a little park with a few rides including the Crazy Mouse spinning Wild Mouse roller coaster that we just had to ride. It is called a spinning Wild Mouse because the cars actually spin around as they roll along the tracks. It made us both very dizzy as you might imagine. But, we both agreed that it was still a fun ride. We also both agreed that the cars did not look like crazy mice to us. They looked more like mice tripping on acid to us.

Acid Mouse

Here are a few more pics from the trip. Enjoy...

We almost didn't get Mumi into Del Grosso's!
He had to put his shorts back on first!
Say What?!?

All of the bears like to hang out at Del Grosso's!
Mumi & The Bears

I love the food almost as much as the coasters!
Big Juicy Weiners

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home