Bubala, Mumi & Max

Thursday, April 12, 2007

What's Grosser Than Gross?

Alien BabyLike many other gyms, ours has a bunch of television sets suspended from the ceiling, all of them broadcasting different channels of high quality workout programming. Let's see, there's Oprah and Ellen. There's HGTV and CNN. Fox News, VH-1, The Food Network and even some local programming.

And then there is my favorite... Discovery Health. Lucky for me, I always get to the gym right around 3:30pm. Just at the time that Discovery Health runs their informative and highly entertaining TV show, Birth Day.

So everyday, as I am flailing about on the elliptical getting my cardio workout, I get to witness the miracle of childbirth. I have been watching mothers to be push those little alien babies out of their cooters for over a month now, and I have to say that, in my opinion, watching childbirth on TV is totally disgusting. Not only do I have to stare at all of those vaginas getting all stretched out and torn apart, sometimes I am even fortunate enough to be watching on C-section day. Oh joy! Of course, I try to look away, but it's all sort of like a train wreck, I guess. I keep finding my eyes wandering back to the images of vaginal carnage on the TV screen. I just can't help myself.

It's all so very appetizing...

barf...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home