Bubala, Mumi & Max

Friday, November 30, 2007

Dog Face

So, you might remember a while back that I talked about how I really wanted to start acknowledging my sexuality in public situations. For example, very often at work, a customer will ask me if I am married or if I have a girlfriend. Most of the time, I just immediately scream out "No!" in a 'girls are so completely gross' sort of tone, but I rarely get into the details of my private life with semi-strangers.

Well, I feel like that does a horrible disservice to myself, to homosexuality and to my boyfriend of almost 12 years. So, I am trying really hard to change that part of myself. I am trying to answer the question honestly and truthfully no matter who it might offend or astound.

Like last night, for example.

A regular customer started asking me if I was married. I said no. So, of course, her next question was whether or not I have a girlfriend. My first reply was a simple no. Then, I got a little more creative and told her that I think that girls are yucky and that there was no way that I would be tied down to one of those nasty bitches. We shared a giggle and I started to walk away.

That's when I started to get that guilty feeling again. The one that comes along every time I run back into the closet and cower there, afraid to let anyone know, with pride, just who I really am. So, I stopped in my tracks, turned around and went back to the nosey and presumptuous lady.

I keep a picture of Mumi and Max in my cell phone. It's there to remind me just how much I love and adore the two of them. Anyway, I walked back over to the lady, flipped open my cell phone and said to her, "I'm surprised that after all this time, you didn't already know this, but here is a picture of my girlfriend."

Here is the picture...
My True Loves
Can you guess what her response was?

Yep, that's right. She said, "Oh, what a pretty dog! How long have you had her? She's just so precious. I can see why you love her so much. She's beautiful."

I stood there for a moment, mouth open, saying nothing. Then, I sighed a really heavy sigh and turned and walked away.

Maybe someday, I will be me.

Maybe someday.

4 Comments:

Blogger TOS said...

You should have just showed her written the web address for rate a rod and how to search for "Large Marge" and let her draw her own conclusions!

10:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ha! No Way! Then she would have never left me alone again! She'd be wanting her some of that prime Grade A Bubala beef!

11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Denial is an amazing thing. "oh let me totally ignore the shirtless man clearly looking into the camera and focus on that super safe doggie!!!!"

10:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

12 years. you do realize that the average marriage in this country is 7 years. I'd tell everyone! But no pictures! if you advertize your man you might just find a buyer. love to have a foreverman in my life. My parents lasted 53 years, I wish you that plus several!

Raoul

PS copperred, how do you feel about plus size boys? I love em perceptive and witty.

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home