Bubala, Mumi & Max

Monday, November 20, 2006

Monday Morning Mumble

Whereas most people dread Monday mornings, I usually look forward to them. Since my job requires to me to work crazy long and absurdly late hours for part or sometimes the whole weekend, Monday is usually my day to catch up on lost sleep. Most Mondays, I don't have to be to work until 10:45am. And, I only have to work for four hours on most Mondays. So, Mondays are good.

The ArkToday, I even got an extra bonus because I am off for the whole day. Mumi and I are heading to New York City this afternoon to see a concert at The Bowery Ballroom tonight. The band that we are going to see is called The Ark. They are a Swedish glam rock band, and they are totally cool. Check 'em out. You might like them too! Band info and downloads available via MySpace here!

The show tonight will probably be their only show in the States for a while. You see, just a few short weeks ago, the band had to cancel their U.S. tour after they were chased out of the country because of a comment made by the lead singer of the band during a concert at the Swedish Embassy in Washington, D.C. He made a political joke about planes flying into the White House. Big frickin' deal! Too many people are just way too selectively sensitive in this country.

Ah well, so much for free speech, eh? I guess free speech is only okay as long as it's something that the red-state mentality among us agrees with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home