Bubala, Mumi & Max

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Absolutely Dumbfounded

SPCA
I thought that I was wrong. But, a quick check on the old Internet assured me that I was correct. SPCA is in fact an acronym for The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.

Well, I just happen to know an animal whose owners are extremely cruel. The poor dog next door has just about the worst owners I have ever had the displeasure of living next door to. They leave their dog outside all of the time.

Those 10 or 12 degree nights we've been having lately. No problem. Let that dog stay outside and freeze all night. When they leave in the morning to go to work and to school. No problem. Just lock the dog in the shed with the bikes and the lawn mower. Snowstorm last night? No problem. Just chain her up to a bike in the back yard with no shelter, no food, no water, while they stay out all frickin' night!

What nasty, nasty shit ball people!

Anyway, I thought that I would be a good little citizen and report the mis-treatment of the dog to the SPCA. (The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) Well, imagine my shock when I read the following on the SPCA Website:

"The Maryland SPCA does not investigate animal neglect or cruelty."

Um, ex-squeeze me? Baking powder? WTF?!? The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals does not investigate animal neglect or cruelty?

O-kay...

Apparently, I have to contact my local animal control office to lodge a complaint. Great... just great! I have already dealt with them concerning the eternal barking from the neglected dog next door and I have not been at all impressed with their "help."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww...good luck with animal control. I watch 'Animal Cops' on Animal Planet all the time. Sounds like the dog has separation anxiety, among other problems.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home