Bubala, Mumi & Max

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Walk On The Wild Side

Do you ever buy cereal just for the prize inside? I know that I do. Sure, the prizes aren't anywhere near as cool as they used to be when were kids. But, every now and then, while I'm perusing the cereal aisle, something way too cool to pass up catches my eye.

Like yesterday, for example, while I was picking a few things up at the local grocery store, I saw this box of Frosted Flakes and it's tantalizing offer for a free Tony The Tiger step counter on the front of the box. I knew instantly that I had to have it. So, I bought it.

They're Gr-r-reat!
This morning, I excitedly opened the box and right there, on top of those sweet, frosty flakes was my awesome prize. Of course, I had to open it up and try it out right away. I attached it to the waistband of my tighty whities and started waltzing ever so proudly all around the house, counting every step that I took. Well, imagine my disappointment, after personally counting 15 steps from the kitchen to the living room and back again, when I looked down at my highly advanced, technological, computerized counting device and it read 17 steps.

Maybe I had made a mistake in my counting. I tried again. 23 steps from the kitchen to the bathroom and back again. Then, I checked the counter. It said 27 steps. Whoa. What a letdown. My step counter doesn't work all that well.

I checked the instructions to make sure that I was using it properly. Now, after reading the instructions, I have to tell you that I am afraid to use the darned thing.

Warning!
Just look at instructions number 8 and number 9.

8. Participants take part in exercise at their own risk.
9.Kellog's will not be held responsible for any illness or injury that is incurred while using the step counter.

You mean to tell me that I can get sick or injured just by walking around? Wow. I never knew that. Suddenly, I am terrified to walk anyplace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home