Bubala, Mumi & Max

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Overcoming Enochlophobia (No, It's Not An STD!)

BlowoffWe braved the cold last night and headed down to D.C. for Blowoff for the first time in quite a while. I'm glad that we did. I had a great time. There were many, many, handsome manly men in attendance. And, even though I really don't know how to, I actually danced around a little. Well, I sort of convulsed a little, at least...

I really want to learn how to dance, because, well, I really do want to dance. I picture myself in my mind sometimes, bopping around on the dance floor with everyone staring at me, in utter disbelief of my incredible, mad dance skillz. But, when I get out there in real life, the sad, ugly truth reveals itself. I just don't know how to dance.

Oh well, there are other things to do at Blowoff besides dancing. Hanging out with your buds, pleasant (albeit loud) conversation, new music to discover, shirtless men... Did I mention that there are hot, shirtless men everywhere? Even Mumi was sans shirt for a short time. Now, that was pretty hot!

Ah well, enough inane chatter. Now, on to the pics...

Jimbo's pre-party was a blast, as usual. We discovered early on that it is very difficult to get Durban Bud to keep his eyes open for a picture. Note though, that his lips are not pursed. Pursing of the lips was Mumi's job last night.
Jimbo's Pre-Party

For some reason, Durban Bud insisted that I take this pic.
Drugs Are Bad, M'kay?

Ugh! I hope that my Enochlophobia doesn't flare up again!
The Crowd

Copperred is obviously distracted by some hot, shirtless man while Jimbo is busy representin'.
Representin'

Say hello to the wallflowers. Maybe they can't dance either?
Wallflowers

Isn't this what it's really all about?
Cuties!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do you think clubs are dark? So witnesses can't recall anything. It took me a long time to get the beat, but once I got it, it stuck.

No, the only way I can avoid having my eyes closed a la DB, is to look away. Also I was mortified by Jimbo's gang sign. Kidding!

I gave up my wallflower status, but maybe I still send out a "don't talk to me, I'm shy" signal?

12:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ew...wasn't there a pic with my eyes open? hmmmmmm?

Good times with you boys!

12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home