Bubala, Mumi & Max

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Catch 22

Delete!

Mumi asked me a question this evening.

He asked me, "So, is the blog over with?"

"Blog? What blog? We have a blog?" I responded.

Wait a minute... Oh yeah! That's right. We do have a blog!

There are so many reasons for the lack of posts as of late. First and foremost, I have just been taking time off for me. Doing many things that I have been wanting to do for quite a long time. Nothing too thrilling or all that life altering, mind you. Just some simple things like cleaning house, minor home improvements and repairs, spending some quality time with the hubby, etc.

I also spent some time learning how to solve the Rubik's Cube and the Rubik's Revenge. With a little help from some cute little nerds on YouTube, I have learned how to solve them both. Believe it or not, solving a Rubik's Cube has been a lifelong goal of mine, so now I can check that one off the list. Next, it's time to try to bowl that perfect 300 game!

I have also been spending a lot more time with my nephew lately. He is 3 years old, and he loves me. In fact, he told me so on the phone just tonight. We go to Toys R Us, Target, Wal-Mart and all sorts of other cool places together. We buy toys and we talk about all of the cars that we see while we are riding down the road. He can tell you the make and model of just about every car that we pass on the road.

And, he will too. Over and over and over again.

"Um, Jay?" He'll ask.

"What?" I'll respond.

"That's a Chevy Malibu." He'll say.

He's always right, too.

Tomorrow, we are going to the auto show in Baltimore. I just hope that it doesn't put his little car loving brain into make and model overload!

I guess I am enjoying my time away from here. It is nice to get out from in front of the computer. It feels pretty good not to have the responsibility of coming up with something witty and entertaining to say three or four times a week. Sometimes, the responsibility of blogging makes me think that my life just isn't all that exciting. It's just seems so difficult sometimes to come up with good stuff to blog about.

Or, then again, maybe my life is just fine. In fact, maybe I have a wonderful life; One that is just overflowing with love and joy and happiness.

Of course, the only problem is, if I sit in front of this computer all day trying to to write about how entertaining my life is, then that won't leave me very much time to go out into the world and experience very much living at all. Will it? Then, I won't have anything exciting at all to tell you about next week.

Or, will I?

Hmmmmmm......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home