Bubala, Mumi & Max

Saturday, January 21, 2006

The Sound Of Silence

6
I see now that I have been silent on this here blog for over a week now. I guess nothing really exciting has happened to me lately.

Last weekend, I got sick. Some sort of 48 hour intestinal virus thingie. That sucked! I never get sick! Well, hardly ever. Of course it had to happen on the weekend that we had all of our big plans to hang out with the hot, hairy, half-naked men at Blowoff. We still went to Blowoff, but we didn't stay too long since I was feeling like blech! We missed the live set, which was a big disappointment to me. The good thing about Blowoff though, is that it happens every month! So, hopefully, I'll get to see the live stuff next month!

I have been working on some new music which has been occupying a lot of my free time. It's amazing how fast time flies by while I am working on music. I start the day thinking that I am going to get so much done, but end up accomplishing little or nothing at all, even after several hours have passed. My goal is to have at least five songs recorded by the end of February. So far, I have just about finished one song. I've got a long way to go! Here is a rough mix of the first finished song:

The Cold Day (mp3 2.05MB)

We spent one night this past week hanging out with our friends, Tim and Donn. We all had dinner together at the Double T Diner. Our waitress at the Double T was insane! She was an older woman, a Jewish New York native who seemed to know every thing about everything, or at least talked like she did. During our meal, she actually pulled up a chair to our table and just sat and talked and talked (and talked!) Coincidentally, she lives in the same neighborhood that Donn's parents live in, so she went on about living there. She also told us about her life in Manhattan in the 60's, real estate prices, the mob, gambling and who knows what else! I wasn't annoyed by her or anything like that. She was nice enough. In fact, it was really kind of a surreal experience. I almost felt like I was in a sitcom about a wise old Jewish waitress and her gay friends and their zany conversations at the local diner. It was all very entertaining.

After dinner, we headed over to Tim and Donn's place to watch the director's cut of Donnie Darko. This is one of my favorite movies. I had not yet seen the director's cut and it certainly made the movie make so much more sense to me. If you have not seen this movie, you should. It is a science fiction tale that touches on time travel, wormholes and the disruption of time and stuff like that. It is a very intelligent movie that really makes you think when it is over. In fact, we had to go back and rewatch a couple of scenes after it was over just to review, so we could try to figure it all out. You really do have to see it more than once to get the full effect. Also, Jake Gyllenhaal is in the movie, and he is hot...

Ah well, I guess this will have to do for now as I am off to celebrate the fantastic winter weather that we have been having this year. Right now, in the middle of January, it is 59 degrees and sunny! Just beautiful!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dumbek said...

Hope you're feeling better. We'll see you next month :-)

8:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, I am much better and looking forward to next month!

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home